Thursday, October 21, 2010

Daily Listenings 10/20/2010

Wow, just coming off a whirlwind week of several concerts here in LA. Frightened Rabbit and Plants and Animals last week, Mumford and Sons Monday, Sleigh Bells last night in one of the loudest, most spirited, shortest shows I've ever seen. Hopefully get reviews for all three up in next week.

But main reason for this down and dirty post is to talk about Menomena's Mines. I just threw it into my elaborate car rotation, so it's few months before I'll put it up properly ranked in my Best of 2010, but "Oh My God!" is it going to rank high...will definitely be one of the albums I'll be championing above and beyond the critical world's response...opening 6 tracks are just an electric collection of melancholy, collage-rock ass kickers. Awesome.

No comments: